Whether you’re looking for a three-day getaway or a mini staycation, our ultimate guide to Paso Robles covers all your bases.
Our agents are longtime residents of Paso Robles and have provided their favorite spots for this ultimate guide.
The History of Paso Robles
Before Paso Robles was known for its wineries, this region rose to prominence for its thermal hot springs and many almond orchards. At one point in history, it was known as the “Almond City” before it claimed its new title.
It wasn’t until the late 1800s that this area saw its first commercial wineries open. Today, Paso Robles is home to over 200 wineries, and this once small town continues to gain popularity as a wine tasting destination.
The wines from this region are distinct and complex mainly due to the coastal breeze blowing through the “Templeton Gap” in the Santa Lucia Mountain Range. This coastal influence causes a wide range of temperatures for the grapes’ growing conditions.
This area is brimming with natural beauty, so if wine isn’t your thing, there’s still plenty to explore and experience!
We’re breaking it down in our ultimate guide to Paso Robles.
Where to Stay in Paso Robles
- For a luxurious getaway, our agents recommend the Allegretto Vineyard Resort. This Tuscan-style retreat pampers its guests with regional activities, a spa, and exquisite guest suites to melt the stress away.
- To experience Paso Robles’ charming downtown, we recommend the historic Paso Robles Inn or its newly opened sister hotel, the Piccolo. Guests will easily be able to explore downtown Paso Robles on foot!
- To escape to wine country, we suggest reserving one of the rental properties in this region. One of the most popular homes to reserve is this cottage named “The Vintage Ranch,” featured on Netflix’s show, “Stay Here.”
Where to Eat in Paso Robles
- Catch Restaurant – Stella Dudley and her fiancé have enjoyed many seafood dinners here. Catch also offers affordable breakfast and lunch menus!
- Taste – Alyssa Ramazzotti loves visiting both of Taste’s locations in Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo. This craft eatery is open for brunch, dinner, and cocktails!
- La Cosecha – Ramazzotti also recommends this bar and restaurant to experience international cuisine! Stop by for brunch, lunch, or dinner!
- The Hatch – Lauri Strain recommends this modern-style restaurant with wood-fired comfort food and classic cocktails for a fun date night out!
Where to Drink in Paso Robles
- Tin City – For a one-of-a-kind experience, Dudley recommends Tin City! A reimagined industrial park, Tin City, features delightful, locally-sourced craft beverages from wine, beer, and spirits. Park anywhere and spend the day exploring this collection of local vendors!
- 1122 Cocktail Lounge Speakeasy – For a classy night out on the town, Ramazzotti recommends this elusive cocktail lounge. Sip on elegant drinks while living out your wildest Great Gatsby fantasies.
- Barrelhouse Brewing Co. – Team Attune loves visiting this beer garden and outdoor amphitheater! It’s the perfect place to bring a group of friends, try some local brews, and dance to live music under the stars!
- Paso Robles Wineries – Of course, a trip to Paso Robles wouldn’t be complete without visiting one of the many wineries in this region. Strain and her husband are members of many local wineries, and they highly recommend the following:
What To Do in Paso Robles
If you’re looking for activities that don’t involve drinking, the following suggestions are for you.
- Downtown Paso Robles – Start your walk at Downtown City Park next to the Paso Robles Inn, and then wander along to visit cute shops, eateries, and merchants, or pop into the newly opened Market Walk!
- Central Coast Trailrides – This company operates mainly out of Paso Robles and partners with local wineries, private landowners, and vacation properties to offer unparalleled access to explore the beautiful central coast on horseback!
- Live Music Venues – For some local family fun, Strain recommends Paso Robles’ Concerts in the Park summer series! For a traditional concert experience, check out the Vina Robles Amphitheater to see artists such as Jason Mraz, Dirty Heads, Pat Benatar, and more!
- Natural Hot Springs – Although Paso Robles is now known for its wine, you can still experience its original claim to fame, the hot springs. To experience the mineral hot springs, check out the Paso Robles Inn, Franklin Hot Springs, or River Oaks Hot Springs & Spa.
- Go Olive Oil Tasting – Can’t go wine tasting? No problem, Paso Robles has liquid gold! Visit one of our many olive oil tasting rooms downtown or nearby in Templeton.
- Take a day trip! – Paso Robles is just one part of the Central Coast. Take a day trip and explore nearby cities like San Luis Obispo, Pismo Beach, and Cambria.
We hope to see you soon!
We might be biased, but our ultimate guide to Paso Robles isn’t complete without including a visit to Team Attune! Our office is located at 513 13th St, just a quick walk from downtown Paso Robles.
So are you planning an escape to wine country yet? The Central Coast is certainly the place to be this summer!
There are three things that every real estate agent needs to be successful – patience, persistence, and friendships.
After six years of contact, Lauri Strain is proud to share the details about this impressive, off-market sale in Paso Robles.
In the life of a real estate agent, business relationships often transform into lifelong friendships. That’s one of the many reasons why Strain loves selling real estate.
When asked about this deal, Strain reflected, “I first contacted the original owner in 2016. After many conversations together, we became friends, and I was deeply saddened to learn of his passing in 2017.”
After the owner’s death, Lauri reached out to his brother, Paul, who inherited the property. She knew he would need help during this difficult time. Understandably, the decision to sell his late brother’s home weighed heavy on him. There was also the additional challenge of him living out of state.
Finally, in October of 2021, Paul called Lauri, ready to move forward with the sale.
The new owner had one requirement before selling. Strain could not list his property on the open market.
She rose to the challenge and quickly found a first-round buyer that offered over asking. However, after the property inspections, that buyer got cold feet and backed out.
Once again, Paul hesitated to move forward with the sale, but Lauri asked for one more chance to find the perfect buyer.
One of the benefits of being a Side partner is the incredible network of agents.
Through this community, Strain became friends with another Side partner, Susan. She had been looking for an investment opportunity in Paso Robles for quite some time.
After showing her the property, there was no doubt. This duplex was the investment opportunity Susan had been searching for.
Now Lauri is celebrating with a satisfied seller and a happy buyer! You can read Susan’s glowing testimonial here.
Soon enough, Susan will transform this duplex into a stunning vacation home with gorgeous eastward views of Paso Robles.
After six years, three friendships, and two buyers, Lauri and her team are proud to announce the off-market sale of 34 Hillcrest Dr, Paso Robles for $509,000.
Are you interested in selling your home off-market? Contact Attune Real Estate today to learn how we can sell your home quickly.
About Attune Real Estate
Founded by Lauri Strain in 2020, Attune RE is a boutique real estate firm serving San Luis Obispo County.
Peace, community, and being “attuned” with others are at the core of Attune’s mission. Attune Real Estate offers more than transactional real estate services. We are committed to providing knowledge, care, and awareness to your real estate journey through access to value-packed content, industry experts, and concierge-level amenities.
Today, Lauri’s talented team of agents continues to grow, enabling them to help even more families along the central coast.